Coming Out of Hiatus

Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Hey there! I am so back!

The last time I blogged was about two years ago. My previous blog, Wanderlass, has been left unattended for a few years now for the following reasons.

As I progressed through my years in college, I have encountered different struggles in life that made me feel extremely down for a while. I wasn't able to do things that I used to love. It was a terrible time but I felt like it was essential. If it weren't for those circumstances, I wouldn't be able to grow and learn more things in life. At first, I though I just didn't have any remaining time to blog but as time went on, I grew and matured a little bit (or so I say) and realized that I do not feel authentic in my blog at all. By that time, I have learned to be honest with myself. I realized that I may have been taking "inspiration" to a different level. I thought I was just admiring my favorite bloggers; I thought it was still the good kind of inspiration. I didn't realize that I was pressuring myself to become someone like them to the point that I was unintentionally and unknowingly imitating them. From the blog design to the blogging style, I tried so hard to be like them. Even my blog posts didn't feel so important to me. It didn't feel personal. I felt like I was only doing it for the audience, and of course, I didn't admit it at the time.


This made me rethink everything: my original reason for blogging, which was (and still is) to write my adventures in order to remember and to share information that may be helpful to others. I felt like I have drifted away from my goals and reasons. This made me lose the drive to blog, along with the decline in my self-esteem. Like I said, I underwent trials and tough times. Events in life changed me into a person who doubted that I could do anything good or that I would be successful. With this, I laughed at myself for even trying to achieve things. I laughed at myself for trying to be a legit "blogger".

Now, I am doing better. I believe that I could achieve things if I just work for them. I believe that there is nothing funny about blogging as long as I do it for myself and not for others. I may have been lost,  but I'm glad I was because at least now I have a clear vision of why I am doing what I'm doing. 

I'm doing this to remember. Writing will give me something to read and look back to in the future. That is my number one purpose. The second is to share information. It irks me that travel guides and food guides are all about the Metro Manila. I am born and raised in Angeles City, Pampanga. I always have this urge to explore; no matter how near the places I go to, I still count them as an exploration. Every time I look for things on the internet, especially something about my hometown, I do not see anything. I had to experience everything myself, raw and without help. I want to blog in order to help other people and make it easier for them by offering the experiences that I have had.

I do hope that I won't lose the drive that I have now. I may not be able to post every day but I'll make sure I won't fall out completely from blogging. I felt like I needed to post this because people kept asking me why I stopped blogging. So, here it is. Thank you to those who always cheered me on and believed that I wrote something worthwhile even though I didn't believe it myself. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Welcome back! I'm so glad that you took time away from your blog to refocus and come back in full force :D -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Audrey! It means a lot! So glad to be back with a familiar face around :) Hope to hear more from you often.

      Delete

follow on twitter

instagram