Food Diary: The Northern Brew Coffee Shop, Angeles City

Friday, May 13, 2016

I love going to different cafes; each one of them has a different atmosphere in it. As much as I love spending time in these places, I don’t go to high-end cafes. I make sure that they offer a reasonable price, since I’m just a student.
For the past year, I’ve been used to spending some time alone, most of which were spent on eating. I think I got this from my dad. He used to bring me and my brothers to different restaurants across the Metro (we kind of used to live there). We stopped doing this when my brothers and I grew older, so now I’m having food adventures alone, well, most of the time. Anyway, as promised, I’ll be writing about my food adventures, like making a review of some sorts. 
Yesterday was a serene Saturday for me. I finally had some chill time at home, no errands to do or hang-outs with friends. I asked my dad to treat me to Northern Brew Coffee Shop (Angeles City) when he mentioned it at lunch. I wasn’t really expecting him to say yes but he did.

I’ve heard a lot about this coffee shop. Chevalier School, my former school, is just around this place. My friends go here frequently but I never went with them because I was always broke. Haha.

image
Read more

The place is a bit small. It only has at most seven tables inside. But I noticed that a lot of employees start their duty at 5 pm, and they put up more tables outside. So I guess many people flock in here at night. I really like the atmosphere of this place. It’s a bit dark contrary to most coffee shops out there.


image

My dad and I chose to sit in this quiet corner. It was darker at this spot but it wasn’t boring and spooky. I actually liked it. It radiates a dramatic vibe, and it was warm and cozy at the same time. My dad even fell asleep on the couch.

image

This is the counter. I like it since it looks a bit retro to me. And look at the display.. I spy Oble!

image

Black and white version to emphasize the retro feels.

image

I like this picture, it reminds me of Harry Potter. I don’t know why.

image

I think the wallpaper is perfect. Okay, I’m being biased because I like the blue pattern plus the wood. But honestly, it adds up to the vintage feeling, along with this lamp.

image

I guess the artworks hung on the wall were making the whole place feel like home. It’s like a nice, old home to keep you safe and warm.

Anyway, I ordered their Rocky Road frappe and fruity waffle (I’m sorry I forgot it’s name on the menu). I wasn’t able to take a decent picture because it was dark but the food surely looks appetizing. I didn’t order anything else, yet I barely even finished everything. I was so full! That waffle was heavy, I tell you. And it’s not just hunger-satisfying, it was also delicious. I’ll rate the frappe 7/10 and the waffles 8/10. I’m not that fond of waffles but this one was good.

I failed to take a photo of their menu but they offer a lot of food choices. They have sandwich, pasta and salad, among others. They even offer unlimited salad every Wednesday from 2 pm onward. The food is very affordable. The price ranges from 65 pesos to 230 pesos. Waffles start at 75 to 140 pesos. Frappe from 120 to 135 pesos.

image

I was so tempted to edit all photos in black and white because of the vintage vibe. So, overall, will I be back in this place? Definitely. Will I still order their waffles? Maybe, but I’d like to try their pasta! If you’re going for the first time, I recommend you to try their waffles or crepe.

The Northern Brew Coffee Shop is located inside a subdivision but it’s easy to spot. It is just by the subdivision gate. The exact address is Trinity Square, Villa Angela Subdivision, Maria Teresa St, Angeles City.

And for the record, I like this cafe better than Gustav.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

follow on twitter

instagram